Manager Field Service
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications—both at land and sea. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world.
The aftermarket segment mission is to create long-term business relationships with customers resulting in repeat business and new business from referrals due to superior customer satisfaction. Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA) is responsible for marketing, sales and customer support activities on the American continents. In this position, special focus will be given to support our dealers and our growing Industrial segment, in addition to our already strong Marine segments. This role is pivotal in meeting Volvo Penta’s targets concerning customer satisfaction and short lead times in customer support activities.
We are now looking for a Manager Field Service to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia.
What is the Job?
As a Manager Field Service, you will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all Field Service Engineers throughout North America. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Directing the field service team to provide on-site technical support to dealers, distributors, and power centers. You will also disseminate technical information necessary for Field Service Engineers to proactively educate dealership technicians within their territories, and ensure that they promote the use of Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN) and Argus eService.
- Directing the field service team to investigate product complaints and make onsite decisions to promptly resolve issues and properly document product quality concerns through the case management system (Argus) to meet or exceed the case closure rate. You will also document and communicate all issues relating to engine and transmission product and quality concerns to field based personnel.
- Managing investigations of reported safety incidents and report findings to VPA management.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures designed to improve field service response time to the assigned dealer network and their customers to improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring the Volvo Penta dealer network for compliance with warranty policies and procedures, and report all non-compliance to the warranty administration department. You will also authorize and manage warranty expenditures per the Volvo Penta authorization directive.
- Promoting and supporting original Volvo Penta parts sales and dealer incentive programs. You will also assist in the coordination, documentation and implementation of all product recalls and campaigns.
- Developing and maintaining skill set profiles and training protocols for field service engineers, and ensuring adherence to training schedules. You will also assist the VPA Training Manager with the training schedule and with temporary instructors selected from the field team when deemed necessary.
As a Manager Field Service at Volvo Penta, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are You Looking for a Challenging Leadership Opportunity?
To be successful in this role, we need someone with:
- Strong mechanical/technical expertise in troubleshooting, repair, and installation of Volvo Penta engines and transmissions in marine and industrial applications.
- Knowledge of retail dealer, distributor, and power center service operations as well as repair shop functions and practices.
- The ability to solve problems and communicate analyses of issues with both external and internal customers in order to determine, prioritize, and delegate a quick and efficient resolution.
In addition, excellent communication skills are necessary as is the need for strong fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization.
This position requires:
- An undergraduate technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5 years’ of experience in retail, or wholesale marine or industrial equipment business—particularly relating to the service function of that business.
- As this is a management position, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in supervising/managing service personnel is required.
Are you ready to join a team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Manager Field Service with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.