Associate Engineer - Driveline and Hybrids
The Driveline and Hybrids group within Technology is responsible for the application, development and maintenance of the powertrain components from the flywheel to the driven wheels; i.e clutches, transmissions, driveshafts, axles, hybrid and electric drivetrains in North America.
Driveline is exciting place to be where we design, validate and closely work with manufacturing on products that go in our trucks. You will get opportunities to get involved in different areas and products and expand your knowledge if you are up to the challenge. Typical job responsibilities for this position includes:
- Designing and validating Mack transmission and axles components
- Working with union mechanics for building test units and coordinating bench/vehicle testing activities for product validation
- Create Engineering Bill of Materials on new designs and update the existing as required
- Perform stack-up calculations, DFMEA and design reviews for product components you are responsible for and complete design releases in Volvo KOLA/Product Database Management system
- Evaluate warranty field return failures, involve in quality improvement and VAVE activities
- Work closely with mechanics and test technicians to build engineering test assemblies and perform Accelerated Endurance bench tests
- Support manufacturing on everyday machining and assembly issues
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
- The candidate should be self-driven with ability to identify problems quickly and address them in efficient manner
- Domestic and International travel upto 10% may be required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 0-2 yrs experience preferred
- Candidate with prior co-op/other experience working in the areas of transmission gear-box, axle, drive-shaft systems is preferred. Candidates with experience in Powertrain, Gasoline/Diesel engine systems and calibration areas will also be considered
- General understanding of GD&T and ability to perform stack-up calculations is preferred
- Working knowledge of stampings, castings etc is preferred
- Working knowledge of Engineering Tools like Creo/Pro-E, ANSYS etc is required
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Good fundamental understanding of concepts in design, application, and maintenance of geared products and powertrain components, such as clutches, transmissions, axles, and/or driveshafts
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Safety Practices: Acting as necessary with safe operations as a central focus and striving to create a safe work environment
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization’s vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and pitching in to get the job do
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.