Dealer Inventory Manager
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible to implement, monitor, and administer the Logistic Partner Agreement (LPA) with Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, and Volvo Construction Equipment Dealers in North America. The objectives are to increase parts availability at Dealers (to the end-customer) and achieve optimum inventory performance in terms of service level, stock health and turn rate.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Manager of Dealer Inventory Management NA and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Continuous inventory analysis, process analysis, and recommendations for specific Dealers, which includes carrying out corrective actions when diverging from objectives. Requires individual to perform at a very high level on a consistent basis
- Ensure Dealers meet LPA objectives of parts availability, healthy stock, and turn rate through proactive and consistent Dealer coaching activities, including carrying out of improvement programs for selected dealers to gain concept compliance
- Timely and consistent reporting and follow-up with Dealer personnel including Dealer Principals, General Managers, and Parts Managers as well as DPMs and Regional Parts Directors and any other concerned stakeholders
- The implementation and management of LPA with Dealers. This includes the training and retraining of Parts Managers and Inventory Personnel as well as ensuring that Dealer Principals and General Managers have a high level of understanding of the LPA product
- Perform functions necessary in the management of Dealer returns. Reduce obsolescence by ensuring Dealers are optimizing their Return Allowance
- Participate in development of LPA and systems to support LPA with knowledge of Dealer Business Systems (Karmak, ADP), competitors, Dealer's business, and inventory management
- Continuously work with improvements and maintenance on daily basis
- Work on continuous improvement through the Volvo Production System
- Act according to the Volvo values
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years - Inventory management experience required, preferably in automotive industry aftermarket
- Experience preferred at a dealership or involving direct dealership interface
- Dealer Management Systems experience/knowledge preferred
- Prior experience in Volvo’s AS400 environment preferred
- Prior experience with Volvo/Mack service market policies and procedures preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement/lean initiatives in an office worker environment
- Accuracy and timeliness in the performance of duties
- Passion for satisfying customers and fulfilling commitments
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Portuguese and/or Spanish language skills a plus
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- Ability to take correct decisions based on analysis, communication and experience
- Advanced degree of competence in personal computers and Windows based software platform, with special emphasis on queries, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Access
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.