Intern: Operations (Summer 2020)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. LVO (Lehigh Valley Operations) has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in the field of Production, Materials and Paint. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
- Promotes manufacturing safety while maximizing efficiency and productivity and driving continuous improvement
- Understand cost objectives, schedule, machine parameters and criteria by use of layouts and installation drawings
- Collaborates with manufacturing/ industrial engineering teams in facilitating timely changes and ensuring accuracy of material information and engineering Write work instructions for prototype and test technicians. Monitor prototype builds and assure proper assembly
- Effectively utilizes all systems available to include quality deficiency tracking to manage and schedule final preparation, repair and testing.
- Communicate to assignment leader any recommendations to meet schedules and plans.
- Required to work 40 hours or less per week.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on, data driven decisions making
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively, desire for professional/personal growth
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative, data driven, can be a team player or work independently with limited supervision, Leadership,
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word. Microsoft Access and Visual Basic highly preferred, but not required.
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan based on the available data, or generating the data to assess, implement changes, and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Preferred background in : Lean manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, mix model planning, mixed model line balancing, process flow mapping, PFMEA, DFMEA, variant management, Demand Flow Technology, Hjunka, Ishikawa, Yamazumi, Gemba, Jidoka, Kanban, Muri, Muda, Mura, Poke Yoke, Andon, PDCA, Process based manufacturing, World class manufacturing,
- Six Sigma principles or certifications (green or black belt)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must be currently pursuing a degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship, and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Preferred Degrees- Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain, Computer Science and Business
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.