HR Specialist (Benefits)
Subject matter expert for Benefits. Conduct analyses and interpret program rules and policies so that benefit programs are administered effectively and in accordance with the organization's reward strategy. Study, design, and implement the organization's benefit programs, such as accident and health insurance coverage, retirement and pension plans, income continuance, holidays, and vacations so employees receive the appropriate benefits for their position. Strives to reach standardization in the processes and business practices of the HRSC.
- Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participation and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection and updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data.
- Assists with employee data auditing and reporting.
- Create/update work instructions and process maps with new process improvements and enhancements
- Train personnel when new processes are deployed
- Educate customers regarding processes
- Research and coordinate the resolution to escalated cases with other parties
- Document all responses in Service Now Case Management System (SNOW) and provide information for FAQ updates
- Prepare communication materials that will be distributed to employees, managers and the HR community
- Point of contact for UAW benefit representatives
- Identifies areas where process improvements are required and follow the Volvo Production Systems (VPS) to facilitate improvements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of ERISA, employee benefit programs, including flexible benefit programs, financial analysis and budgeting.
- Relevant experience working with disability programs
- Relevant experience working with union employees
- Excellent analytical skills
- May be viewed as the Subject Matter Expert
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with internal and external customers (i.e. other departments and 3rd party vendors)
- Highly advanced and demonstrated ability to use a range of PC & productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP knowledge, Volvo legacy systems and 3rd party systems such as the Service Now Case Management System (SNOW)
- Ability to gain the confidence and respect of others
- Able to take ownership and resolve challenging situations with the good judgment to know when to appropriately escalate matters as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly focused attention to detail
- High level of integrity, credibility and customer service orientation
- Excellent problem solving, time management, reporting, data analysis/interpretation and data manipulation skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to understand and explain complex policies and guidelines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments, and to quickly adapt to unfamiliar tasks for appropriate decision making, especially in the area of process improvements
- Must remain open to change and new information and ideas and adapt to the same. Must encourage and foster cooperation and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or the equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 4 - 5 years of relevant benefits administration experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in a position where the responsibilities included significant conflict and problem resolution experience as well as the clarification of policies and guidelines, required
- HR Shared Service Center benefit administration/process improvement experience preferred
- Benefit administration courses/certifications (Worldatwork, SHRM, CBP or CEBS) a definite plus
Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people. The Volvo Group University, which delivers training and development and HR Services, that deliver HR administration and support are also part of the Group HR organization. With Volvo Group HR you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.