Key Customer Support Specialist-Industrial
The Product & Customer Support Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration and consumer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for OEMs, power centers, boat dealers and end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of end user issues are the major functions of this department.
We are now looking for a Key Customer Support Specialist-Industrial to join our amazing team!
What is the Job?
In this role, you will be a senior member of the Product Support team providing information regarding the application, troubleshooting, and repair of Volvo Penta Industrial engines and transmissions to industrial OEMs, Industrial distributors, key industrial dealers and internal VPA personnel. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Responding to requests for information from Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel.
- Providing technical assistance to our Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors and Key Industrial Dealers via phone, email, fax or on-site if required.
- Acting as a liaison between Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors and Key Industrial Dealers and Product and Manufacturing Engineering providing data to resolve quality issues.
- Assisting with the composition and implementation of Service and OEM Bulletins and Campaigns.
- Proactively creating and distributing service information to all appropriate groups.
- Staying up-to-date and acting as a subject matter expert on all applicable electronic diagnostic tools.
- Advising and assisting Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel as to correct VPA Warranty policy and procedures. Assisting the Warranty department with warranty claims requiring pre-authorization.
- Ensuring that all necessary paperwork, including Argus case details, parts orders, and warranty authorizations are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a database of service and technical information and making a standard set of updated information available to all current and new Technical Service department personnel.
- Maintaining a complete record of Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors and Key Industrial Dealer interaction in the appropriate database.
- Supporting and updating field diagnostic equipment as needed.
- Providing special training to Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel, as well as new hires within the Technical Service and Field Service departments.
- Promoting the use of Volvo Penta Partner Network and Argus case management tool.
Would you like to be a subject matter expert? We might have an opportunity for you…
To be successful in this role, we need someone:
- Who has “subject matter expert” level knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of industrial diesel power products
- With comprehensive knowledge of industrial engines and control systems
- With in-depth understanding of industrial trade practices and activities from direct experience, or extensive industrial distributor or dealer interaction
- With a mastery of PC based and/or electronic diagnostic troubleshooting equipment in use. You must also be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Able to work independently without direct supervision, and manage multiple objectives and cases at one time
This position requires:
- An Associates’ degree or Certificate in Diesel or Industrial Mechanics; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years’ industrial engine OEM, Distributor, or dealer technical experience
- Strong mechanical expertise in troubleshooting, repair, overhaul and installation of industrial products
- Experience with Volvo Penta products is preferred
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become Key Customer Support Specialist-Industrial with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.