Co-op: Electrical Engineering (Spring 2020)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Electrics and Electronics team as a software verification engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the E&E team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with software, electrical, and mechanical engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the manager of E&E, PE North America.
- Run testing on HIL (Hardware in the loop) rigs to validate test software
- Issue written and oral reports
- Support component and system test activities
- Identify and document failures during software testing
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the company, on a limited basis and as necessary
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Performing other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Attention to detail: Must be able to run strict test cases for software and identify deviations in system responses
- Communication: Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals
- Problem solving/decision making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems
- Quality advocate: Respect for the quality process, quality values, and the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects and assigned tasks
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.