Co-op: Mechanical Engineering (Spring 2020)
Do you feel you could be responsible for developing & maintaining existing vehicle components and mounting systems? We are currently looking for an engineering student to work with our Chassis Equipment & Transport Adaptation Team as a Co-Op – Mechanical Engineer.
The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering and product development. As a valued member of the Chassis Engineering department within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Chassis components such as Fuel Systems, Exhaust Systems, DEF Systems, Battery/Power Systems, Steps, Back-of-Cab Access, Quarter Fenders, Mud-Flap Mounts, and the various transport adaptations (Fifth Wheels, Pintle Hitch, Etc.). GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. The selected candidate will report to the Group Manager for Chassis Equipment & Transport Adaptation Team.
- Create or update CAD Models, Part, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components using CREO-View
- Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
- Communicate status of upcoming deliveries during Daily Team Leadership meetings
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase such as FEMA, Boundary Diagrams, & Pugh Matrices.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in additional academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- The Spring program dates are January 13, 2020 through May 8, 2020
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.