Co-Op: Occupational Health (Spring 2020)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Co-ops are structured learning experiences where students and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. The assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
- Working in an industrial/manufacturing medical environment, the successful candidate will be assigned tasks in the medical department
- Support Safety programs, initiatives, and the maintenance of safety and occupational health practices
- Participate in the training for Macungie’s Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT)
- Administrative work
- Appointment scheduling
- Basic first aid implementation
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Assisting with pre-employment and required physicals for certifications
- Assist with EMR reporting
- Assisting with other medical tasks as required
- Knowledge of basic first aid and CPR
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong attention to detail, quantitative and analytical skills
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Nursing Degree, Safety and Occupational Health or Applied Sciences degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.