Senior Engineer Mechanical – Vehicle Architecture Special Vehicle
Our challenges include satisfying the needs of our customers while meeting quality requirements, time to market, features, and cost targets at complete vehicle level. We are using specific global Special Vehicles processes, organization, and governance to secure short time to market and reduced development cost.
We achieve this by:
- Focusing actions and projects to fill customers’ demands
- Providing solutions to complex tenders and support unique brand offer
- Installing alternative driveline and fuel economy solutions
This outlines the responsibilities, authorities and competence requirements for a Mechanical Engineer within Special Vehicle Development a function of Vehicle Engineering.
- Participate and support consolidating the entire technical proposal related to the product to be developed including risk management, engineering budget, product development, technical commitment, etc.
- Work in close connection to Group Truck Operations both while preparing the technical solution and during the project execution
- Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Performs design, coordinate testing/validation and/or technical leadership of development projects within area of assignment: with an emphasis placed on accuracy; accountability/ownership; adherence to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; and accurate, acceptable documentation and report writing
- Completes the design, installation and documentation of vehicle systems and components
- Driving the implementation of the technical solution into customer applications
- Work closely with supplier for development components
- Engineering documentation of drawings and specifications
- To execute Projects with QDCF (Quality, Delivery, project and product Cost, Feature)
- Coordinate with cross functional teams and work with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket
- Define the project scope
- Define the product features
- In cooperation with the partner, define and drive the project time plan
- Define and drive the project cost
- Engineering cost for the partner
- Engineering cost for SVD
- Manage engineering cost for partnerships (i.e. alternate engineering sites, work packages, supplier development)
- Define and anchor (with the customer) the vehicle diversity
- You are responsible to manage the partner and its deliverables
- Project Management experience, training or certification preferred
3.1.Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of BS Engineering ( Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical preferred); Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering environment with 2 years of automotive or heavy truck engineering
- Must have experience with CAD tools (Pro E/Creo).
- Must have experience with Vehicle Architecture, Geometry Architecture and Geometry Assurance
- Experience with entire technical proposal related to the product to be developed including risk management, engineering budget, product development, technical commitment, etc.
- Experience with design, testing/validation and/or development projects
- Knowledge of PLM/PDM software a plus
- FEA Knowledge/experience a plus
- Skilled in developing low level specifications and managing external development a plus
- Knowledge of legal/regulatory requirements especially for US Market
- Must have experience with special vehicles/customer adaptation/full build vehicle projects
- Chassis Equipment and Transport Adaptation Knowledge/experience
- Project Management training with experience a plus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Customer Focus
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Organizational Savvy
- Cultivates innovation
- Nimble Learning
- LeRoy Coleman
- Group Manager - Lead Architect
- Special Vehicle Development
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.