Workshop Support Operative
Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Wellingborough are currently looking to recruit a Workshop Operative on a full time permanent basis within our commercial HGV workshop.
At Volvo Truck and Bus we believe our employees are our greatest assets to enable us to deliver excellent service to our customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals, positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
As a Workshop Operative / Technician Support Operative you will support the workshop with the following:
- Ensure the service department, workshop facilities and yard areas are kept clean and tidy to the standards required, and other areas as and when instructed.
- Report cleaning material requirements to workshop supervisor.
- Control the waste product area.
- Carry out driving duties as instructed by the workshop supervisor, to include collection and delivery of vehicles.
- Carry out vehicle washes as instructed.
- Carry out routine maintenance and minor repairs to workshop and equipment as instructed by Aftermarket Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Treat all customers and their property in a caring manner, with integrity, politeness and providing an excellent level of service.
- Report equipment/facility faults to Aftermarket Manager/Shift Supervisor.
- Comply with the Company’s standard terms and conditions and ensure all work is carried out within the limitation of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- Not to endanger yourself or others by risk-taking that may be considered as dangerous or outside the Health & Safety rules.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are used as guidelines to safe working practices at all times.
- To ensure P.P.E. is used and kept in good condition at all times, and to report to supervisor when replacement required.
- Ensure service vans are kept in a clean and tidy condition and to check road worthiness on a daily basis, and report damages.
- To keep within the definition of Rules and Regulations laid out in the Highway Code Manual.
- Driving in a safe, responsible manner.
Who are you:
An excellent communicator, organised and be confident in planning your own workload. You will have workshop experience and some experience of working with machinery. Ideally you will have some knowledge of VOSA requirements in relation to MOT chassis cleaning. A car driving licence is essential, if you have a HGV licence, this is a bonus!
What’s in it for you:
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
- Competitive salary & OT
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (Buy/Sell holiday)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Health Care Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- High Street Discounts and Discounted Gym Memberships
- Discount on Volvo and Renault cars for friends and family
When you join Volvo, you’ll be assigned a training path, enabling you to work through a number of courses both online and in person to develop your skills and support you in your new role.
With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
So, if you’re genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Trucks team to make it even more of a success, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.