Real Estate CAD Intern (Fall 2019)
The Real Estate CAD Intern provides CAD management to assist RE operations and its mission to reduce/control costs, increase efficiency as well as maintain property values. This position occurs as part of the Real Estate Greensboro site team, within the Americas Division of Volvo Group Real Estate. The Real Estate CAD Intern is to manage, organize and administrate all building and/ or site information connected to CAD documentation for RES owned and leased properties in alignment with local regulations.
The internship is part time and runs between August 19th and December 13th.
Real Estate Services is responsible for identifying and delivering all Real Estate solutions for the Volvo Group. We enable the Volvo Group to be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world. Real Estate Services provides quality buildings and facility management services that support Volvo Group's identity, safety and environmental care within a cost-efficient framework. This is crucial in order to allow the Volvo Group to manufacture products and deliver services required by our end customers.
- Real Estate Center of Expertise (CoE)
The Real Estate CAD Intern will be responsible to:
- Proactively participate in new construction projects as well as RE/FM-management projects by establishing and publishing the current CAD-manual, through the orientation in CAD-project structure control the compliance of CAD-manual rules
- Support documents and previously updated and archived drawings in a project place for further processing in the projects
- Assure the quality and publish received materials after review and dialogue with consultants and contractors
- From time to time supply users without authority to RES systems access to archived material related to the building
- Proactive responsibility to assure that the quality and the content of the collected material is always in the correct and agreed format and at the take-over of the material it is handled in such ways that it is possible to process it further by adding metadata, area measures, i.e.
- assure the continuity to other disciplines direct or indirect related to the processing of the project
- Hand out/ receive property-related archival materials to/ from receivers and others who do not have access to RES publications
- Proactively participate in new construction-management projects
- Contribute to RES's mission to reduce costs and over time secure property values
- Create and publish CAD specifications, support documents and previously archived drawings
- Quality assurance and publishing of incoming archival material
- Provide the Property Register (RE-FX) with relevant data
- Manage the work in accordance to the Volvo Group processes
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree related to Business or Information Technology at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Design management (DM), CAD-management and drawing techniques regarding land, buildings, maps and installations
- Is dedicated to deliver customer value
- Has ability to build effective relationships
- Has very strong communication skills
- Work patiently with end users who are frustrated and need issues to be resolved quickly or helpful guidance with using the solutions
- Is open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Pursues tasks with energy, drives and has a need to finish
- Has fluency in English, both written and spoken
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.