Powertrain Engineering is looking for a Test engineer.
Take the opportunity to join the exciting change journey Powertrain Engineering (PE) is embarking on when creating the future powertrains for our customers as well as the future working place for our employees.
This is us, your new colleagues at PE
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. The majority of our powertrain components are traditional combustion engines, after treatment systems, transmissions and axles, however the importance of e-mobility components is growing every day.
We stand in front of significant challenges – where reducing transport emitted CO2 emissions is one of the biggest – and are now adapting to take this on by simplifying and empowering our organization and way of working. As an integrated part of this we have high expectations to reduce development lead-time and cost and driving innovation and employee engagement through our leaders leading technology and people.
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to technology as well as empowering and developing our employees. We always use customer satisfaction as the ultimate performance measurement.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
- The test engineer will lead different types of tests in collaboration with test operator
- Responible to define a test plan with input from projects and other stakeholders
- Prepare and execute the test with secured measurement quality
- Analyze and optimize test results by mathematical methods/models and give recommendations to responsible in respective technology area
- Document results and compile an engineering report
- Prepare and manage fault reports from tests. Involvement in defining solutions is mandatory
- Continuously update test methods and propose updates of technical requirement together with the technology areas, wellknown as well as new
We are looking for a person with a positive attitude and ability to interact and cooperate effectively. Someone who has a drive to deliver results and who is interested in improving work methods will be greatly valued.
- Master of Science or similar technical education
- Education or experience of engine and exhaust aftertreatment is preferred
- Experience of measuring systems is an advantage
- Experience of GT Power or ICES and Matlab/Simulink is an advantage since these tools are used for evaluation and optimization of test results
- License for truck (C/CE) is a merit but not a demand
- Personal interest in combustion engines and experience of mechanic work is valued
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally in a rapidly changing world. We trust the individual and act as a team, stay close to the product and provide opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Curious and want to know more? Please contact us! We look forward to receiving your application!
Johan Nilsson, Manager Engine Performance and Simulation (BF63110), phone +4676-9402038
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.