Director End-user Services
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group IT infrastructure services.
The mission of Service Management is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Service Management contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost and quality. As the majority of this services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused at governing and controlling this partner.
We are now looking for a Director, Service Management – End User Services
In this role you will be reporting to the Director Service Management within Volvo Group IT/ Infrastructure & Operations/Service management.
Role mission & context
The service portfolio User Services includes Client, Support, IAM (Identity and Access Management), printing and UCC Services (Unified Collaboration and communication i.e. email, messaging, virtual meetings and video conferencing, telephony, intranet). Main technology components/products are Microsoft based (Windows 10 and Office 365 currently being rolled out).
You have responsibility for managing a global team, driving its performance, financial results and long term development. You have a key role in managing and optimizing the service developments and deliveries to Volvo Group in your scope. You operate in a global context, having a number of interfaces with Volvo stakeholders, to the main infrastructure partner and also to the strategic and tactical partners.
- New service development, architecture and innovation
- Responsible for the service development projects in your service portfolio
- Contribute to IT Long Term Plan, strategic targets and policies
- Lead IT infrastructure services innovation within own portfolio
- Service Delivery Management
- Ensure that all services are delivered according to contracted supplier obligations for cost, volumes and quality
- Service Level Management: for new and changed services, define the services measurements and targets
- Formal validation of supplier invoices and in case of discrepancies ensure corrections
- Accountable for proper incident & problem management with the suppliers
- Accountable for continuous improvement of the services and of the operational process interactions between Volvo and partners
- Outsourcing partnership management: financial, contractual and commercial management
- define and follow-up service delivery budgets and runtime cost budgets
- Monitor achievement of outsourcing business case for own area
- Conduct negotiations regarding contractual and commercial changes within own portfolio
- Support other teams in Group IT in defining and monitoring their investment budgets related to Volvo owned IT infrastructure assets
- Manage suppliers relationships related to services development and deliveries both with main Outsourcing partner
- Strategic and tactical responsibility for relationship with the other Group IT strategic and tactical infrastructure partners (see also software asset management below)
- People management and stakeholder management
- Manage direct reports who in their turn functionally manage large supplier teams and project team
- Manage consultants supporting the own line organization and projects within own portfolio
- Manage and continuously develop and improve, the relationships with global and multi-cultural Volvo and partner teams
- Within Volvo, interact with Group IT and TD/BA P&IT management teams regarding requirements, usage, cost and improvements of outsourced services and new service development and act as escalation point
- Responsible for Product Management of retained infrastructure products within own portfolio: global cost center structure, budgeting and follow-up according to targets
- Responsible for software asset management:
- within own portfolio of services, responsible for optimization of software usage and compliance, including current and future volumes, costs and contractual models for software
- Contribute to the optimization of the overall financial model of software under Volvo contracts (some of which are under outsourcing partner operational responsibility) as well as software included in outsourcing partner’s services
- Responsible for end-user change communication: communication, using all relevant media and channels, to Volvo Group end-users regarding changed and new end-user services with the specific purpose to ensure their correct usage by end-users and that the usage to the largest extent possible favors end-user efficiency and effectiveness
- University/Master’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant area
- Service oriented mindset and business mindset
- Experience of governance: directing, planning and monitoring of IS/IT services
- Experience of IT Outsourcing / managed services
- Proven experience in leading, developing and coaching people
- Experience from leadership in a global context
- Strong experience with End-User Services including experience of Microsoft products
- Experience with steering of projects and programs
- A good ITIL experience is a plus
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Complete proficiency in English
- have the ability to drive for results
- have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- high level of integrity and trust
- have a strong customer focus
- Making complex decisions
- Strategic agility and Innovation management
- Getting work done through others
- Managing work processes
- Managerial courage / standing alone
- Organizational agility
- Inspiring others
- Negotiation and Composure
- Bottom-line focus
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group.
At Volvo Group we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality, etc
Location: Flexible (Gothenburg preferably)
Travel required: Occasional
Application screening will start immediately, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
For further information please contact
Fredrik Vestman, Director Service Management IOS, +33 698472163
Sonia Poinso, HR Business Partner: +33 665896107
Union representatives for Swedish applicants
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.