FVV Project Manager
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
Would you like to join one of the most comprehensive engineering groups within Volvo Trucks North America?
We are seeking a motivated and qualified Project Manager who wants a challenging, but rewarding, career opportunity to join a dynamic team working with and exposed to the latest technology in automotive testing.
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning and executing the verification and validation test plan according to the defined project deliverables. This includes identifying resources, securing budget, and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Deliver and manage the Verification & Validation (V&V) test plan
- Deliver vehicle feature requirements and manage vehicle feature reviews
- Deliver project requirements with Quality, on-time Delivery, maintain Cost and fulfill vehicle Feature targets(QDCF)
- Responsible to manage and secure that all activities for verification and validation of features and vehicle regulations are identified, planned, optimized and completed
- Manage all incoming test requests through risk management approach, with support of Feature Leaders
- Verify & validate HW & SW, components, systems and functions in the V&V plan
- Represent FVV (Features, Verification & Validation) in project management teams, design reviews, clinics, etc.
- Identify necessary resources and related costs such as simulation, rig test & test trucks to execute the V&V plan
- Lead feature reviews and report feature fulfillment, verification and validation status
- Deliver feature requirements on a module level and support the break down to components, systems and functions
- Deliver input to project documentation (e.g. requirement specification, project description, PAP/PDP, risk register, lessons learned)
- Provide Vehicle and Powertrain engineering with prototypes and measurements (HW & SW, components and systems) during the Development Loops to secure product maturity (robust concepts) at CG
- Ensure that project time plans (level 1-3, commodity/module) cover all activities needed to fully verify and validated components, systems and functions
- Deliver a consolidated FVV QDCF recommendation at each gate
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial preferred) minimum; Master’s degree preferred
- PMP certification or certification in progress preferred
- 3 years of project management experience (automotive industry preferred)
- Leadership experience preferred
- Ability to manage projects in more than one functional area in more than one location with 20-50 people total
- Ability to manage projects of medium/low integration complexity
- Proficient in using existing technology
- Experience with application projects
- Ability to manage projects with budgets ranging from 0.6 - 12 MUSD
- Ability to work with second/third level management and work within at least 2 functional areas
- Proven ability to manage projects with low or medium risk level
- Proficiency in personal computer, including strong MS Office required
- Quality tool skills (Risk analysis, FMEA, Project Assurance quality)
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Plans and aligns
- Proactive work style
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good analytical skills and logical way of thinking
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.