Head of Risk Management
Due to internal international career progression, Volvo Financial Services (VFS) Australia have a unique opportunity for a strong leader to join the VFS management team in the position of Head of Risk Management. This position reports to the Managing Director and has the ultimate task of managing all on and off balance sheet risks within our brand new head office, located in Brisbane's western suburbs.
This position is an excellent career opportunity to adopt and further develop the successful applicant’s blend of skills and experience within a growing organisation. In particular, the role offers the challenge to develop a high performing risk and operations team with an internal target to becoming a world class team within the broader VFS global organisation.
A challenging position, requiring proven leadership skills, high ethical standards, excellent technical ability, business acumen and a solid understanding of financial services to make pro-active decision making for the organisation.
About the role:
- Develop Risk strategies which supports the various BA market share objectives whilst balancing the shareholders objectives to achieve appropriate risk metrics
- Achieve cost of risk objectives as set out in the VFS Business Plan
- Leverage Risk Analytics and identify trends for ongoing portfolio optimisation
- Manage retail and dealer wholesale credit in accordance with global and local credit risk policies
- Present local dealer wholesale and retail credit proposals to regional and global credit committees, as required
- Permanent member of the Australia Management Team, Pricing Committee, Project Steering Committee and the Local Credit Committee
- Adhere to VFS internal control framework, legislation and compliance
- Develop risk models with a view to maintaining prudent underwriting trends
- Lead and manage direct reports and identify training and development needs for team members
- Represent VFS on the local Australian Finance Conference and coordinate all back office compliance/regulatory related matters
- Manage the interface between credit and the sales dealer network.
- Tertiary qualified in Business/Commerce or a related discipline
- Professional qualifications desirable, but not essential
- 10+ years’ work experience gained in banking/financial services
- Extensive experience in executing proven risk strategies
- Strong leadership skills with previous experience in building effective, high performing teams while ensuring a clear vision is demonstrated through change
- Advanced analytical skills – financial analysis, market & economic commentaries
- Good knowledge and experience in the transportation and construction equipment industries
- Technical understanding of corporate/dealer wholesale credit
- Previous experience working in a fast changing business, globally competitive market environment
- Equipment Finance or captive finance working experience preferred, but not essential
- Business acumen, with a strong customer oriented mindset whilst balancing the needs of the VFS shareholders
- Strong in relationship building and relationship management with market companies, dealers and customers
- Ability to achieve strict operating expense targets
- Team player, with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive remuneration package, including company vehicle and incentive program
- Additional superannuation payments
- Genuine career development opportunities with Global prospects.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
- Brand new head office with an onsite café and free parking.
Volvo Finance Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Please note, we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.