Supplier Quality & Development Engineer
- The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (SQE) performs quality assurance activities of purchased items within projects and product maintenance with the objective to receive parts according to the agreed specification
- Responsible for the industrialization of products from sourcing phase through PPAP approval of components
- Work in accordance with GTP (Group Trucks Purchasing) Processes, Quality systems, the Volvo Way and the GTP values and behaviors
- Manages quality data in Volvo IT systems
- Manages portfolio of suppliers as assigned by Supplier Quality Group Manager. Responsible for the quality of parts shipped by that supplier to any Volvo location.
- Achieve the purchasing objectives for portfolio in accordance with Purchasing Strategic Objectives and with the customer’s needs.
- The SQE is responsible for those suppliers performing APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) for selected purchased part
- The SQE manages the APQP Tracking Process according to Volvo Purchasing procedure
- The SQE performs activities with the purpose to quality assure purchased items within projects and product maintenance in order to minimize supplier related quality failures at Volvo plant or end-customers
- Contribute in assuring quality objectives are known to suppliers
- Inform and educate the suppliers in the Volvo Supplier Quality expectations
- Review and identify suppliers’ manufacturing risks and improvement potentials. Assure actions are taken to close identified gaps
- Perform Process Audits at suppliers and drive supplier to close the gaps
- Responsible to keep all part quality information accurate and updated in the Volvo Global Purchasing System.
- Review APQP and PPAP deliverables during regularly scheduled project meetings
- Review critical characteristics, documentation, requirements and procedures at supplier location
- Provide timely disposition of PPAP documentation submitted by Volvo suppliers
- Initiate and follow up preventive quality action programs when needed and follow up on corrective actions
- Assist and contribute during design reviews and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers.
- Contribute to resolving packaging instruction issues and resolve engineering documentation questions or concerns
- Contribute in solving supplier related warranty, Quality Journal, Quality Action Group issues when needed
- Generate and track product or process related deviations in order to support production until full approval and compliance can be obtained
- Review and assist in quality rejections that occur in the manufacturing environment as a result of supplier deficiencies
- Preferred Bachelors in Engineering, or > 3 years of technical experience in APQP/PPAP needed (extensive experience and strong performance can substitute for lack of diploma)
- Strong problem-solving abilities and critical-thinking skills
- Strong continuous improvement and zero defect mentality
- Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing, plus local language
- Good general technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools such as ISO/TS 16949
- Strong networking abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preventive mindset but also leadership when it comes to solve problems or to take decision
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Frequent – Approximately 50% travel.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.