Apprenticeship Bac+5 Uptime & Adaptation Buyer H/F
U&A Purchasing today support three different areas: Customer Adaptation (CA), Special Vehicles (SV), Trailers and Superstructures (TST). All areas are very close to end customers and require candidates with business acumen and an interest in working cross functionally to find solutions that match customer expectations. The current team is recognized and highly respected for the current process allowing a very short lead time from customer request to production.
As Apprentice Project buyer you will take on the important challenge to drive and execute purchasing activities in cross-functional product projects and deliver on commitments in order to fulfill the purchasing targets.
- To effectively manage the daily working relationship with your suppliers (delivery, cost and secure material to the line)
- To Search for opportunities to improve cost and take action to implement findings
- Acts in accordance with expectations from internal stakeholders and external customers
- To develop existing and potential suppliers. Perform purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers.
- To follow-up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- To execute purchasing activities including sourcing in Customer Adaptation/Special Vehicle Projects in collaboration with the Purchasing Project Manager (PMP) to secure supplier QDC performance in the projects
- To contribute to the development of the Purchasing process in Customer Specific offer (Customer Adaptation & Special Vehicle) business
- To contribute to cross functional maintenance activities.
- To contribute to the taxonomy implementation project and the segments strategies definition
- To ensure collaboration with the other buyer roles (Sourcing, Project, Operation and Aftermarket) within the respective segment(s)
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Purchasing and negotiation experience is seen as a strong advantage
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in automotive industry is seen as a strong advantage
As a person we believe that you have a Customer & business oriented mindset with strong communication, negotiation and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy managing many parallel activities and you have a target oriented approach. A successful candidate has a high level of integrity and trust and gets quickly up to speed. You have a positive mindset and like to be a part of a team. At the same time you feel comfortable managing your own work, and taking the lead whenever needed.
We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging internship where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 95% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.