Co-op: Health & Safety (Fall 2019)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this co-op is to allow the student to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Co-Ops will be provided extensive hands-on experience in the field of Safety and Environmental roles. The co-op will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced professionals.
- Under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the HSE standards along with federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety and health programs, systems and procedures within the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Management Systems
- Assists in monitoring hazards that may be present in the work area
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace
- Works with Ergonomics Team to develop and implement solutions to workplace ergonomic concerns
- Participates in recommending improvement in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards
- Participates in employee training, emergency preparedness and assures the quality of programs
- Assists in maintenance of training records, required inspections and data collection and input for environmental reporting
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicant must be currently pursuing a degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health or related field and remain fully enrolled in an ABET accredited 4 year college or university during the duration of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Must have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours prior to the start of the co-op
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.