Senior Data Scientist with passion for AI
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions, we strive to make the most of the +900 000 connected Volvo Group assets worldwide, and have established a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Advanced Analytics & AI with the purpose of unleashing the value of the data we collect. We constantly strive to optimize our operations, as well as generating new value for our customers, by applying new and advanced analysis techniques.
As Senior Data Scientist in the CoE team, your main responsibility is to use your scientific knowledge and engineering skills to analyze large amounts of complex data, create models that can be applied to challenging problems, develop new algorithms and leverage machine learning techniques to address the needs of the Volvo Group. The aim is to create valuable insights and new business opportunities, and to communicate them effectively to colleagues, collaborators and customers. You will play a key role in identifying, quantifying and driving new initiatives within the Advanced Analytics/AI area, working closely together with teams within Volvo Group Connected Solutions as well as across the Volvo Group. The role requires an agile and network-based skillset, an open mindset and the passion to deliver value for our customers.
The position reports to the Director of Advanced Analytics & AI and you will work together with a dream team of highly skilled Analytics Managers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
As Senior Data Scientist, your key responsibilities are:
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing, machine learning and AI techniques
- Understand how analytics may/will transform industry dynamics
- Lead and coordinate Advanced Analytics team efforts in projects where needed
- Contribute to insights and new data-driven service innovation, from idea generation to deployment
- Collaborate with functions within the Volvo Group as well as external partners, both large multinationals and start-ups, with the purpose of exploring new opportunities for the Volvo Group
- Develop a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the Volvo Group data landscape and how this relates to the needs of the organization
- Secure hand-over of results, models and concepts, to enable performance and value at scale for all Volvo Group brands
- Coach and lead more junior colleagues in daily Advanced Analytics activities
To qualify for this role:
- You have earned an advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or a related area
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You understand and can apply different regression, classification, clustering, association rule and dimensionality reduction methods, such as Decision Trees and Random Forests, SVMs with different kernels, Naïve Bayes and Bayesian Networks, kNN, PCA, t-SNE, etc.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex challenges and devising new approaches to reach results
- You have an interest in leadership and/or experience of leading diverse teams
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Coding skills (such as Python, R, Java, and/or Scala)
- Analytics tools familiarity (such as Pandas, Spark, Hadoop, SPSS, SAS)
- Data access (e.g., SQL, CSV files) and collaborative work (e.g., git)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets (i.e. Big Data)
- An ability to present and visualize data and analytics results in a format appropriate for different audiences
- Experience with visualization tools such as Qliksense, Power BI or Kibana is considered a plus
- Humor; because, in the end, working in the CoE team should be fun
You have a Master’s or Doctor’s degree as the basis for your career and are fluent in English. International business experience is a merit. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and a great persona, in combination with a strong track record and references.
Occasional travel is expected.
For more information please contact:
Robert Valton, Director CoE Advanced Analytics, +46 31 322 76 14
Adam Stahl, Senior Data Scientist, +46 765 53 68 23
Lina Gerlam, HR Business Partner, +46 31 322 82 01
Connected Solutions is a global organization that develops and delivers the Volvo Group’s connected solutions. Connected Solutions provide an arena for new service innovation together with customers, partners and all the Business Areas within the Volvo Group. By supporting our customers to improve their business we enable new business opportunities for the Volvo Group. Our way of working shortens time to market for connected services and solutions. We work close to our customers and understand their challenges. We deliver high quality with speed, through our capability to explore, implement and scale up.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.