VIE- Business Improvement Leader H/F
Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
BO&IT is the Purchasing Centre of Excellence is responsible to govern and drive efficiency, harmonization, continuous improvements and IT projects to fully support the strategic priorities of Purchasing.
To support the Purchasing line organization in managing and continuously improve and harmonize processes, systems and tools within the Excellence areas. Lead improvement assignments, assessments and investigations, and act as a Business representative in Reference and Project teams.
We can offer you
- A position where you will have the opportunity to drive challenging assignments tasks and projects.
- The opportunity to work in a highly competitive environment with global purchasing responsibilities, and to develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization.
- Become a member of our solid global team consisting of team players with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver result.
- Be the global expert in one or several processes, systems and tools in your Excellence area.
- Lead assignments, investigations and projects within the area of expertise
- As an expert, contribute to cross-functionally improve existing processes, systems and tools
- Be the first point of contact for questions in your area, follow-up, and provide feedback
- Own and drive Continuous Improvements in your area, based on business needs and strategies
- Gather Continuous Improvement ideas and identify potential improvements from process assessment, anchor with relevant stakeholders, develop, implement and measure the outcome
- Develop and own training material in your area, act as trainer for the line organization as needed
- Put requirements on IT solutions based on customer needs and benchmarks, interface with ITS for enhancement of IT tools
- Act as Process Manager when relevant and manage cross-functional interface with up/downstream processes
- Secure process documentation in Volvo Group Management System (VGMS)
- Promote global processes and tools usage, supporting process compliance on a global level
- Contribute (lead and/or participate) to the Purchasing Business Plan activities
- Represent Business Office & IT towards Purchasing line organization (key contact), and be the link for feedback, ideas, best practices, issues and questions
Competence & Experience
- University degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Good purchasing knowledge and at least 3 years of relevant experience from the purchasing line organization.
- Good general knowledge in the sourcing and strategy processes.
- Good communication skills and stakeholder management
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Business Acumen
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Inter-cultural Leadership
- Customer Focus - Ability to put what is best for Volvo Group in focus
- Data Management & Analytical Skills
- Project Management
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.