Senior Engineer – Field Testing
Field Test Engineers are the main interface between the field test customer and Volvo GTT, and are responsible to ensure proper truck operation and uptime, report any issues experienced with these trucks, work with engineering to determine root cause and solutions, and work with customer to install fixes and updates. The trucks in field test will have a wide range of new designs including, powertrain, aftertreatment systems, cab, chassis, electrical architecture, software, electric drivetrains, connectivity solutions & other new technologies. Field test engineers work as part of the Product Validation group in FVV which, in addition to field testing, is also responsible for end-to-end function verification & reliability testing.
We are looking for a talented and customer focused individual to serve as a new field test engineer in our team. You should have a high degree of quality focus, and have a broad background with vehicle engineering. In addition to working with engineers at GTT, you will be working directly with customers. You should have a can-do attitude and be open to working in new ways and challenging the organization to drive change.
The selected candidate will be expected to provide professional expertise as a fully competent engineer within the area of field testing, deliver results with limited direction & supervision, and take responsibility to deliver on the mission of GTT and the Volvo Group.
- Plan, develop, and perform field tests according to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; document test data and results with accurate, appropriate documentation.
- Utilize data acquisition, computers and diagnostics equipment to execute tests, document the test results; process and analyze data and communicate results of these activities
- Document issues found during testing appropriately and work with the engineering organization to determine root cause, and assist with verification & validation of solutions
- Document final test results in Engineering Reports
- Work seamlessly with the other Product Validation engineers to ensure that the workload is covered at all times as required by the demands of the projects
- Keep the project teams aware of test progress activities from both technical and timing perspective.
- Conform to departmental processes and established methodologies
- Additional Information
- Frequent domestic travel and occasional international travel is expected
- Minimum BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; MS preferred
- Required: 8 years of automotive engineering experience. Experience working with truck customers, dealers, service personnel. Proficiency in Volvo systems, including VDA, Protus, Protom.
- Merits: Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills for electrical and Powertrain systems. Strong diagnostic skills using Canalyzer, ATI Vision, Tech Tool. Digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Other desired skills:
- Current CDL Class A License
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in working with MS Office Applications for engineering report and presentations
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Personal Skills
- Attention to Detail
Reports to: Group Manager – Product Validation
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.