Volvo Group Australia is currently seeking a creative and passionate Communications Manager to join our dynamic team and be part of our International Manufacturing Facility. During this 12 month maternity leave contract, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Vice President of Group Trucks Operations - Wacol Plant managing the internal communications while fostering a positive culture and strengthening the company and brand image. This role will see you drive the internal communications strategy and execute key messages on behalf of the business, with a view for continuous improvement of the strategy, messaging and channels.
About the role:
- Develop and execute the internal communications strategy in conjunction with Senior Managers, in alignment with the global Volvo Group strategic direction
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Coach and equip the Leadership team with the necessary tools to effectively communicate key messages to their teams
- Prepare, edit and execute regular news flow across a variety of internal communications channels, including regular email bulletins, Staff Intranet, various print mediums, Town Halls, Digital Information Boards, Social Media etc. ensuring communications reach out to all Office and Industrial employees
- Deliver key company messages, including organisational changes, with a focus on Change Management principles
- Support the Sales and Marketing function with various PR and media activities
- Coordinate the site Employee Recognition Program and other key internal events
- Draft messages and scripts for Senior Management for presentation to employees
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for various different departments and Business Areas within the organisation
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communication strategy accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations with may affect organisational perception and reputation
- Support all internal teams with necessary tools, presentations, communications templates and other resources
Factory Tour Coordination
- Coordinate all Factory Tours for customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, ensuring adherence to Workplace Health & Safety Policy protocols
- Conduct presentations on the business to visiting customers, suppliers and Volvo Group employees
- Coordinate the VIP customer tour program at the factory
- Showcase the factory and operations processes to visitors.
- At least 5 years in a professional working environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in an internal communications role for a large organisation, highly regarded
- Proven customer service experience
- Knowledge of the heavy commercial transport industry would be advantageous however not essential
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with the various departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them. You also need to be highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and the ability to prioritise competing duties and time frames.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies
- Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- Competitive remuneration
- Additional superannuation payments
- Career development with Global prospects
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Wellness program with discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Workplace Giving Program
- Onsite car parking and cafe.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.