Electronic Service Engineer
What does maintenance mean to you? Fix old broken equipment to work for another week or ensure that a high-tech development department can deliver. We are looking for a service engineer at Verification, testing & materials technology to help us lead and develop the service of our existing and upcoming Testing laboratories. At Volvo GTT you will be a part of a cross functional team where everyone are accountable and proud of the products and solutions, and where you have possibility to combine practical and theoretical skills. Does this sound like a good job for you then we are hoping you to join our team.
Facility and test cells maintenance are an important part of the development work to create conditions to develop the world’s best powertrains for trucks, buses, marine and construction equipment. Our team ensures laboratory performance and quality through our maintenance and service of equipment and all media systems for the complete Verification, testing & materials technology. The team you will join consists of 14 high skilled persons in the maintenance areas process engineering, electrical engineering and mechanics.
In your role as an Electronic Service Engineer with focus on engine, system and transmission test cells, you will be one of the main player for our maintenance support in this area. As we work team oriented, you will never standalone if you face challenges you need support to solve.
Facility and test cells maintenance are in a focused phase of improving our preventive maintenance work to reach superior maintenance and we hope you are able to join us!
The work includes working with and having extensive knowledge and experience within several different technology areas such as:
- Electrical dynamometers up to 1200 kW for engine and transmission testcells
- I/O-system for controlling measuring’s and monitoring test cells
- Troubleshooting and calibration tools
- Automation systems
- Purchasing and handling spare parts
- Be part of new projects and upgrades of test cells
- Participate as an active part in the production of documentation and routines
- This position will require at least secondary education in electrical or mechatronic engineering
- Preferably several years of experience from automotive industry or related production industries is a merit
- Practical experience of reading complex electrical drawings and manuals and to understand the functions based on them is a merit
- You should also have skills in using various types of measuring/analyzing instrument and the use of them
- Fluent in Swedish and English, booth written and spoken
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere with an open and honest attitude
- Ability to work booth independently and in team's
- Calm and structured and good analytical skills
- As a person you are committed and result oriented with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- You possess quality awareness and sense of responsibility
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. Our daily work is performed in an international environment giving the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures. Team work, energy, passion and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
For further information, please contact
Johan Aslan, Group Manager, +46 31 3227485
Recruitment is ongoing, so do not wait to apply.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.