Development Engineer – Rig Electronics and Electrical Load Systems
Are you passionate about working with cutting edge technical development?
Do you have a long work experience within the field of automotive emission measurements?
Do you enjoy working in a tight team of highly motivated and enthusiastic colleagues?
Then keep reading because you might just be the right candidate for this position! This is an opportunity to become a part of a world-leading, automotive laboratory for heavy duty trucks.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Describe here the work environment (department and team). Ideally one of the team members writes it, according to how it would be attractive to a new joiner.
As a Development Engineer, Rig Electronics and Electrical Load Systems at the Powertrain Engineering Laboratory, you will lead and deliver a variety of development activities, where creativity, reactivity, quality and flexibility are of prime importance and keys to success. You will be the technical advisor in our development projects. You will work in tight cooperation with Volvo product development engineers, maintenance and operation engineers, project managers, suppliers and subcontractors.
You will act as a mentor on the technical equipment and methods used in the Lab, and will support the teams with advice and educational courses.
You will balance your time between office work and work in the Lab. The laboratory is a domain where you not only design solutions, but you also follow-up the realization to the start of operations with the test equipment.
You will be part of the method and technical development team: 20 experienced engineers, with different expertise areas (software, emissions, measurement, electronics, fluids etc) and different backgrounds (line management, project management, and technical expertise).
All work together with one target: to develop efficient, cost effective and quality testing equipment and methods.
Scope of your mission:
- Technical specifications and advisor for the projects related to engine, transmission and electro-mobility testing (understand the product project requirements, translate them into rig specifications, secure common standards and define technical solutions). You will also support the realization and commissioning of projects
- Develop specialist knowledge within the field of:
- Electrical load systems (dynamometer systems, battery simulators, etc.)
- Rig electronics (measurements, signal handling, I/O and PLC-systems)
- Share your knowledge with the operational teams through advice and educational courses
- Support the operational teams in advanced trouble shooting of major equipment and methods
- Perform pre-studies, benchmarking and choose the best solutions in accordance to quality, accuracy, reliability, maintainability and legal demands by working in close cooperation with equipment suppliers and networking
- Generate ideas and pre-studies to improve efficiency, reliability or quality demands
- M.Sc. (or similar experience/engineering degree) within electronic/electrical engineering
- Experience within the area of automotive testing activities would be appreciated: in product development, test engineer or lab development engineer
- Hands on experience with standard electrical equipment is a must: oscilloscopes, low/high voltage measurements, electronics and signal handling
- Experience as team member in major projects: specifications, scheduling, budget, reporting, commissioning is a merit
- Swedish and English proficiency (verbal and writing)
- Team and service minded. Contribute to a positive atmosphere with an open, honest and humble attitude
- Able to provide a vision / suggest and drive continuous improvement activities
- Good knowledge of reading and understanding technical drawings
- Ability to write technical reports, documentation, protocols and procedures
In this position you will be an important team player in a tight group and it is very important for us that you, in order to fill the shoes of the Lab Development Engineer, share our passion for high quality measurements and development. Personal qualities will weigh heavily in choosing the successful candidate.
Looking forward to your application!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
For further information, please contact:
Robert Aslan, Manager Method and Technical Development, Powertrain Engineering, Verification Testing and Materials Technology
dept BF63580, phone: +46 31 3225312
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.