Associate Textile Engineer - Cab Living & Interior
Textile and Surface Material Associate Engineer (CMF - Colour Material & Fabrics) in the Cab Living Team - engineering responsible for textiles/fabrics, leather, foils & plastic surface materials, finishes and their applications - supports the design and application of material solutions on the interior and exterior of heavy truck products
As local owner of the engineering solution in surface materials and finishes, you will develop yourself to be the Technical Leader for the subject within the North American product development team and will serve along side global counterparts with the same or similar responsibilities to develop and maintain the company’s competence and knowledge of surface materials and applications
- Responsible for the successful introduction, maintenance and application of surface materials and finishes in our truck applications from concept to end-of-product- life
- Define and document requirements and specifications for fabrics and other materials and their applications (e.g. colour fastness, grain and texture, durability, etc.)
- Ensure materials meet all applicable regulatory and internal demands
- Introduce and maintain engineering documentation which defines surface materials and their requirements (Technical documents, engineering DCN releases, coordinating the creation and documentation of Master Samples, etc.)
- Coordinate your interests and needs with cross functional stakeholders and counterparts in Cab Engineering, Product Design and Purchasing
- Understand and accommodate these stakeholder’s needs while ensuring that technical requirements are to be balanced and satisfied; you will lead the effort to negotiate and find material and finish solutions that work with the proposed component solutions
- Coordinate with component engineers to translate their delivery needs into related tasks for your surface material deliveries; synchronize project timelines for key activities, plan necessary quality activities, establish and work toward cost targets
- Ensure that materials meet defined requirements and specifications; you will define test plans and request test activities; you will support the Supplier Quality Engineer and Product Design with the final part qualification for colour, material, grain, etc.
- Support current production products if manufacturing or quality issues develop related to surface material performance and/or manufacturing process
- Initiate and participate in research & advanced development projects related to surface material and finishes
- Maintain a presence related industry forums and keep yourself up-to-date with trends and innovations in the industry
- Minimum BS in Textile/Materials Engineering with related experience or MS in Textiles/Materials Engineering
- 0-1 years experience in textile applications and/or manufacturing; experience focused on product development of vehicles systems preferred; Familiarity with complex injection molded interior component and soft trim system design preferred - can design and mange deliveries toward project targets for features, cost and timing
- Understanding of applicability of surface materials & processing on interior automotive components
- Creativity & attributes such as commercial awareness
- You have an open and positive attitude
- The job requires that you create a good network within and also outside the company on a local and global base, therefore your ability understand and accept cultural differences as well as seeing the benefits with working in an organization where diversity is seen as an asset
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.