Co-op: Computer Engineering (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Software Engineering group as a Control SystemIs Engineering Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Software Engineering group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Software Engineering Group Manager.
- Students are an integral part of the Product Development team and will be afforded the opportunity to work on assignments that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. With operations in Sweden, France, Japan, North and South America, we offer an educational experience that will introduce students to a global way of working. Duties May Include
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinates activities with other departments within the Company, on a limited basis as necessary
- Project management activities
- Complete simulation on Powertrain systems
- Verification of embedded software functions
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Miscellaneous technical data generation, analysis, and reporting
- Issues written and oral reports
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support of component and system test activities
- Create spreadsheets and flow charts in support of staff projects
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems
- Quality Advocate: Respect for the quality process, quality values, and the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Communication: Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications software
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a/an Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op's are required to work 40 hours a week and not be enrolled in classes at their university, except to receive credit for the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.