Lead Engineer - Powertrain System Quality
Group Trucks Technology is seeking a Lead Engineer to work with our Powertrain Systems Quality (PSQ) team in Hagerstown, MD. The Lead Engineer will work within a small team, led by a technical team leader, to improve customer satisfaction by increasing the capacity on resolving quality and warranty issues. He or she should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the PSQ team within GTT, the Lead Engineer will have the opportunity to work cross functionally and directly with the engineering teams. This position will report to the Group Manager of Engineering for the Powertrain Systems Quality team.
The responsibilities of the Powertrain Systems Quality team are to establish root cause, propose and execute solutions to existing and upcoming quality issues using a systems engineering approach. This is to be done in seamless collaboration with the existing line groups within technology, maintenance project management and the rest of Powertrain Engineering. The group is also expected to work cross functionally with Q&CS, Purchasing and GTO as any other line group inside PE. The PSQ team will aid in delivery of the powertrain solution, which meets all engineering Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Features targets and fulfills all engineering requirements
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer
- Report generation and data analysis
- Support chassis and/or test cell work and/or bench testing
- Generate and prepare design work orders and design reviews
- Collect, collate, and maintain design review data
- Define/coordinate prototype part control plan (what is to be measured by supplier)
- Manage purchase requisition through authorization process
- Track prototype parts through order to delivery (locating and follow-up with Purchasing, i.e. supplier contact through Purchasing)
- Verify prototype part quality at time of delivery, identification, where used
- Coordinate parts made in HGR and Allentown/Greensboro machine shops
- Coordinate component specific test: AVO’s, instrumentation request, test location, Test Tech Coordination, and collect data
- Analyze test data for Engineer review
- Synthesize component durability test hours (in cell or on bench)
- Define, coordinate and analyze component measurements for Engineer review
- Data input and information extraction from electronic systems (eg., KOLA, TIKA…)
- Document detailed component related information (pictorially and in written format)
- Attention to detail
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Mechanical Engineering (preferably), Electrical Engineering, or another engineering degree from an accredited school required
- Master of Science preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related engineering experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Authorized to work in the United States required
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.