The Production Manager is responsible to manage and schedule the designated operations departments for Volvo Construction Equipment. The Production Manager provides direction, coaching and leadership to his/her Team Leads and ATC’s in order to meet safety, quality, delivery, cost, environmental and people targets.
- Support company EEO policy including the implementation of component affirmative action plans to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local legislation.
- Enforce audits of housekeeping and proactive safety precautions to assure compliance to EPA and OSHA regulations, including total responsibility for safety in the shop areas.
- Perform responsibilities common to all managerial/supervisory positions (i.e. hire, fire, evaluate performance, administer policies, coach, discipline, communicate, train and develop, problem solve and motivate) for optimum control of the company’s human resources.
- Provide end product quality that meets or exceeds the standards of Volvo Construction Equipment to keep the company a preferred supplier in our marketplace.
- Ensure establishment of quality-oriented efficient flow processes in the designated areas, including monitoring work rates of employees to assure meeting job standards.
- Coordinate the designated areas to meet established production schedules and invoicing priorities. This factor includes responsibility to give forward warning on capacity problems in time to react to meet schedules.
- Establish flow and maintain control of manufacturing work-in-process inventory to maximize turnovers and minimize dollar investment in this asset account.
- Manage the department operational budgets to minimize overhead costs to the Volvo Construction Equipment operations.
- Maintain timely records of job status to be used in planning machine shipments, including the correct input of scheduling/labor data on a timely basis.
- Manage designated Volvo Construction Equipment functions to minimize spoilage or damage within the North America operations. Ensure quality checklists/FTT audits are properly completed to eliminate machine defects.
- Support /coach and use VPS tools such as VSM, Kaizen and Problem solving.
- Contribute to the cost reduction efforts of Volvo Construction Equipment based on divisional goals.
- Support the design, development and implementation of new product development programs.
- Recommend and implement process improvements
- Develop and improve processes, quality and procedures in manufacturing and other support functions to increase safety, reduce costs, and improve productivity and through put.
- Act as first line of defense for technical issues that arise during daily production.
- The Production Manager must exhibit excellent attendance, work ethic, work quality, attitude and dependability. He/she must also exhibit advanced leadership, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills as well as product, process and equipment skills and knowledge within the department.
- Ability to break down lean principles and lean tools to be easily applied by production team members.
- Drive for excellence
- Local Specialized technical schools, recruiting, training opportunities
- Benchmarking with other Volvo sites to establish best practice sharing
- Daily Stand Up
- Bi-Weekly Capacity Planning Forum
- Daily Management Forum
- Monthly Staff Meeting/A3 update
- Monthly Lunch and Learns
- A bachelor’s degree is required or this position or at least 4 years of Military experience, preferably in a leadership role.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing is required, leadership experience is preferred.
- Incumbent must be able to sit at a desk or stand at an assigned location, utilizing a variety of office and shop floor equipment. Must be able to move around manufacturing operations, communicate with operators and observe or perform a variety of material handling processes. Moderate physical effort consisting of lifting or moving average weight material may be required. Applicable OSHA and quality certifications are required.
- Travel is limited to company training, benchmarking and supplier contacts.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.