Chief IT Architect
As part of Group IT, CIO Office supports the CIO agenda towards Truck Divisions / Business Areas, via the IT Council as a steering structure. CIO Office consolidates the IT Directions, manages the Volvo Group’s IT development portfolio, supports the definition of 3 year plan and yearly budget for IT, approves all new P&IT projects on behalf of Volvo Group CIO, and manages overall Volvo Group Enterprise Architecture.
We are now looking for our Chief IT Architect.
ROLE MISSION & CONTEXT
Enterprise Architecture (EA) provides guidance for Volvo Group IT investments, highlighting transformations needed to align with decided strategic objectives. This guidance is developed using many different views of the organization, including business capabilities, processes, information model, and supporting IT Solution portfolios and infrastructure. Via city mapping practices, EA is meant to support the development of an efficient and cost effective Information System landscape.
As a Director - Chief IT Architect in CIO Office, you will:
- Provide guidance and secure availability of Target architectures descriptions across the Volvo Group Business Entities
- Securing implementation according to Target Architecture within Volvo Group and promoting execution according to Architecture definitions and principles
- Provide directions for management of cross functional IT / Enterprise Architecture topics, especially across our Truck Divisions
- Working with IT management across the Volvo group, Identify our target areas for IT commonality, and manage the appointment of IT Platforms for each selected area; Securing best value out of shared platforms & architecture
- Perform in depth IT Architecture reviews of selected proposed critical solutions
- Manage IT Architecture exemptions from agreed principles and definitions
- Define plans, together with IT Management, for IT complexity reduction, and steer on execution throughout the Volvo Group
- Provide input to the continuous improvement of all methods and principles in the EA / IT Architecture area
You will functional manage the network of head IT Architects within Volvo Group IT
You will report to the VP CIO Office, and be in a global team (about 20 Employees).
You will run the cross-organization IT Architecture Board, chaired by the Volvo Group CIO
You need to have proven experience in driving IT Architecture on a global scale, in leading Complexity reduction initiatives, and in managing IT commonality.
You need to have the ability to create an efficient and trustful collaboration with Group IT Architecture Offices, and with Enterprise Architects from the Volvo Group Business Entities.
You will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment. It is important you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge the organization. You also have a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and set targets for IT Architecture, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
You excel in demonstrating core values.
- You have a good understanding of the commercial vehicle industry, good knowledge about IT Governance principles.
- More specifically on Enterprise Architecture & IT Architecture:
- Business oriented architecture background, with Holistic view across domains / enterprise.
- Knowledgeable with EA tools and methodologies
- General skills in Architecture management, across TOGAF pyramid layers (Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Technology Architecture)
- Passionate about IT architecture design, involving Cloud based and other commercial platforms
- Solid experience from working with IT delivery organizations
- TOGAF certification is a plus
- Experienced in cross functional management involving different cultures
- have the ability to, in an inspiring way, communicate vision, strategy and objectives
- have proven capacity to execute against set targets
- have a leadership characterized by high level of integrity and trust based on ethics and values
- have a strong business focus and strong organizational agility
- a good listener
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Information Technology or Engineering
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- Flexibility for regular travels
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders, working very closely with the Volvo Group’s IT Strategy.
At Volvo Group we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality etc.
Preferred Location: Gothenburg or Lyon
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
For further information please contact:
Maria Börjesson, HR Business Partner, phone: +46 31 3221030Appeler : +46 31 3221030
Union representatives for Swedish applicants
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.