Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are a global organization of about 3,750 employees located in over 47 locations in 30 countries. Every day we deliver world-class operational excellence to our customers by applying smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain (aftermarket parts distribution to dealer network) for all Volvo Group brands and joint ventures. The scope of Service Market Logistics’ functions include: Supply Chain Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center Operations, Customs & Trade, and Transport Optimization. We develop logistics solutions to ensure the highest parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere around the world. We have an innovative and diverse workforce applying the Volvo Group values with a high focus on customer success.
SML North America (NA) has over 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our distribution network consists of a Central Distribution Center (Byhalia, MS) as well as 9 Regional Distribution Centers across the North American region.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual as the Training Manager for our central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This Byhalia DC is a 1 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN and employs approximately 675 employees. This position reports to the Manager of Human Resources.
Mission/purpose of the Job
- Support vision, leadership, process management and guidance for the overall learning and development programs within Volvo GTO Service Market Logistics North America.
- Support for the analysis, development and execution of the systematic training approach according to the methodology of VPS/People Development including liaising and establishing partnerships within Volvo Group and local academic institutions.
- To manage the Training resources (human, material, intellectual, and financial) in order to deliver according to targets.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team and the organization with the goal of meeting site objectives.
- Responsible for safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Responsible for fostering a continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination, employee engagement, and application/practice of lean theory.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees using a methodical approach to risk identification and mitigation
- Lead through a communicative leadership style, with 2 way communication and high employee engagement. Ensure all employees are aware of their responsibilities, how they contribute to the total result, and that they are recognized for performance
- Provide input in determining appropriate delivery models of learning and development programs
- Develop and execute the vision and direction to lead the Training function according to the target image of HR
- Create an environment of success with the expectation for continuous learning
- Deliver the agreed and committed overall objectives for the function
- Support relevant partnerships with Volvo Group University to ensure required classes are available for the site
- Provide support for strategic benchmarking, market surveys, identifying best practices to keep up to date with market trends and state of the art program related to competence development, training methodology, etc.
- Support business areas with development of technical training programs to address competency gaps for workforce.
- Develop and coordinate quarterly/yearly training plans for facility based on identified training needs.
- Schedule and coordinate induction/onboarding programs for new employees
- Develop and facilitate testing for industrial worker technical positions
- Work with Human Resources and product areas to develop and rollout required training to the business for both office workers and industrial workers.
- Deliver technical training as needed.
- Manage documentation of all training and testing records for all employees
- Support human error management throughout the business
- Work as part of project teams to identify technical training requirements for new equipment, processes and/or new business
- Highly skilled in VPS/lean manufacturing methodology and tools; responsible for cascading and coaching this knowledge
Essential educational and/or training qualifications and experience:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or minimum 5 years of proven experience managing a Training Function in a Distribution Center, Supply Chain Management, or Manufacturing environment
- At least 2 years of direct or indirect managerial experience
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding of learning and development with extensive experience in development and delivery of learning strategies
- Experience and proven knowledge of principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in a bargaining unit environment is strongly preferred
- Must have MS Office proficiency
- Must have considerable analytic skills and be detail oriented in order to compile, analyze, and report upon training objectives and results
- Must have excellent customer service focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to support creating training content, conducting training sessions, and communication training goals, structure, and outcomes. Primary language is English.
- Able to demonstrate a clear vision, global mind-set and successful people and culture leadership and integration
- Necessary technical/functional/language skills
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.