Human Resources Business Partner
Today’s Human Resources Leaders want to be challenged, to be strategic business partners, to be key contributors to a company’s performance, culture, and success. The best HR leaders have the ability to drive engagement and inspiration, to build and instill trust, have proven capacity to drive for results and execute against set targets, and can create an environment that cultivates continuous improvement and innovation.
We are looking for a great HR leader! We have an HR Business Partner role at our Central Distribution Center that will give you the opportunity to fulfill these professional objectives and to be a part of a team that is driving critical changes on all levels at this epicenter of the Volvo Group NA Service Market Supply Chain.
This is a chance to take all of your HR experience, expertise, and goals, and contribute to a transformation with tremendous potential for personal and professional satisfaction, development, and pride.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides human resources support to the Central Distribution Center’s managers in order to facilitate achievement of site and regional SML business objectives.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Act as a change agent to drive a continuous improvement mindset while building a culture of high performance and accountability
- Be a cultural steward developing and executing on initiatives which create a positive, respectful, and productive work environment
- Advise and coach managers on the implementation of strategies and policies regarding Performance Management, Competence Development, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Compensation and Benefits to support the SML vision and KPI objectives and to maximize employee engagement
- Promote positive employee relations through inspirational leadership. Coach managers through complex employee relations situations/issues. Champion the Volvo culture as well as assure alignment of management actions with Volvo Group values and principles.
- Monitor and analyze data to identify trends and develop appropriate action plans to address identified needs (attrition data, employee engagement, compensation analysis, leave of absence)
- Assist managers in organization design activities such as: design of position profiles, individual development plans, personal business plans, and effective organizational planning
- Prioritize a customer service approach, resolving complaints, investigations, and support requests efficiently and thoroughly, ensuring compliance with all related processes, policies, and laws
- Assist with Labor Relations activities and communications collaboratively with the Labor Relations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in human resources in both unionized and non-unionized facilities; UAW or other major industrial Union experience is highly preferred
- HR Certification is highly regarded. If not currently certified, successful certification is required within two years of hire
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- A true hands-on approach with the ability to perform at both strategic and tactical levels
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including effective presentation skills) with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Thorough knowledge of US employment law and HR professional practices
- Able to work occasional evening shifts and take calls on evenings or weekends as needed
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.