Human Resources Business Partner
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as 8 Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual as the Human Resources Business Partner for our central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This Byhalia DC is a 1 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN and employs approximately 575 employees. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Advise, counsel, and coach managers on workforce related issues and in particular: implementation of strategies and policies regarding Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Competence Management and Development, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Performance Management
- Promote positive employee relations in the work environment through use of effective HR processes, including coaching managers in the application of Volvo Values and the Code of Conduct principles. Champion the Volvo culture as well as assure alignment of management actions with Volvo Group values and principles
- Coach managers through complex employee relations situations/issues
- Assist managers in organization design activities such as: design of position profiles, individual development plans, personal business plans, and effective organizational planning
- Integrate and align HR plans to support achievement of site/region business objectives
- Support the planning, organization and execution of various HR action plans, following HR strategies and policies
- Ensure manager actions adhere to employment-related company policies and practices as well as federal and local regulations
- Act as a change agent to support management in the roll out of new organization initiatives
- Manage Labor Relations activities and communications collaboratively with centralized labor relations resources
- Align with other regional HRBPs to ensure collaborative and consistent processes across all the SML North America sites
- Travel regularly to the assigned Regional Distribution Centers
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evening shifts and occasional weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in human resources in both unionized and non-unionized facilities
- HR Certification is highly regarded. If not currently certified, successful certification is required within two years of hire
- Thorough knowledge of US employment law and HR professional practices
- Coaching/facilitation/advising skills to help drive transformation and change in the organization
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including effective presentation skills) with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting principles, including understanding of preparation of business cases for initiatives
- Leadership skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse groups, resolve conflicts and support resolution to a positive outcome
- Ability to coach managers and employees in handling various employment and management related issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with other HR Business Partners as part of the Logistics Services Operations Americas HR Network
- Fostering diversity
- People development
- Experience with unionized working environments and labor agreements
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.