District Sales Manager - West
- Manage dealer market share development, volume, pricing and product mix including aiding in the forecasting new truck orders and deliveries (i.e. model mix, volume, and build timing) to ensure dealers meet operating standards assigned by the Company and Volvo Truck Leasing System (VTLS).
- Provide sales and operational support to dealer lease sales management teams to prospect, market and sell Full Service Lease, Rental, and Contract Maintenance services.
- •Implement, manage and monitor sales and leasing activity to meet dealer’s business plan and monthly market share objectives utilizing Salesforce (CRM tool).
- Track dealer’s stock inventory levels to ensure they meet both the dealer’s business plan as well as current market and product demands within the district.
- Work with dealer principal, sales management, leasing management, and retail sales staff to increase sales and leasing penetration in dealer’s assigned area through sales training, customer contact management, sales promotions and blitzes, customer events, leasing and demonstrators.
- Assure every dealer in assigned district actively participates in company-sponsored sales programs including stock inventory and demonstrators
- Develop assigned dealer’s sales skills including coaching the promotion of selling value of a premium product and soft products and directing the implementation of territory and contact management processes.
- Develop strong support relationships with VFS Finance Representatives and understand and explain different financing alter
- Engage other regional counterparts to capitalize on team selling approach for full market penetrationnatives to commercial prospects.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business model, identify and propose products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms to customers utilizing Volvo Trucks North America and VTLS services that translate into closed, contracted business deals.
- Demonstrated ability to “cold call” on targeted potential customers as well as relationship building and interaction with existing and potential customers while supporting industry market recognition for Volvo Trucks NA and VTLS.
- Develop and present sales proposals to new prospects for current and expanded product lines based on identified product requirements within the district (e.g., new truck sales, rental, full service lease, contract maintenance, etc.).
- Manage retail sales assistance process and sales tools to achieve successful attainment of assigned annual sales volume and gross profit.
- Stakeholder communication on dealer progress, collaborating with dealer and leasing group, making recommendations for further improvements, structure, and investments, where needed.
- Serve as primary interface between Commercial and assigned franchise dealers.
- Budget responsibility in conjunction with approved business plan.
- Ensure dealer’s make effective use of all prospecting tools including market data and other relevant applications.
- Business Acumen and Relationship Building
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM tools a plus.
- Understanding of the Full Service Lease, Daily Rental and Contract Maintenance business as well as Dealership sales, service activities and contracts.
- Ability to utilize market data to build strategies around identified areas of opportunity and growth, including the development and implementation of retail operation business plans.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentations skills
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor sales and leasing professionals at assigned Dealers
- Thorough knowledge of all sales and leasing policies, processes, and systems at the wholesale (Volvo Trucks) level as well as the retail (dealer) level
- Complete knowledge of broad finance instruments including terms, types and usage
- Ability to tailor finance alternatives based on customer needs.
- Complete knowledge of dealer sales and service contracts
- Familiarity with applicable state laws and DMV regulations affecting same
- Time and Territory management
- Thorough working knowledge of Volvo Market Data, source, make-up and selection
- Change Facilitation
- Fostering Diversity
- Inspiring Leadership
- Demonstrates passion for he business with a high degree of integrity, credibility, and confidentiality.
- Bachelor degree in business management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in field or inside sales in heavy truck industry or related industry including experience in structuring finance transactions.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.