The HR Payroll Representative will apply extensive payroll knowledge to accurately process company payrolls and provide exceptional service to our business partners and employees.
- Process assigned company payrolls according to their schedule and union agreements (where applicable)
- Respond to business partner and employee communications in a timely manner using multiple platforms
- Maintain/update work instructions as needed
- Support Payroll team members by cross-training and providing technical assistance
- Communicate with internal teams as needed for record keeping, funding and research items
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and communicate observations to the Payroll Manager and team
- Manage payroll report retention for assigned payrolls
- Participate with project teams through actions such as analysis, testing and implementation
- Perform other duties as needed
Must possess strong knowledge of payroll processing including:
- Paycheck calculations
- Retirement contributions
- Pretax benefit deductions
- Taxation principles including multi-state and local taxation
- Garnishment/wage attachments
- Time clock files/imports
- Report writing
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- ADP Enterprise & Ultipro web base strongly preferred
- Experience with Union employee payroll a plus
- Experience with Expatriate payroll a plus
- Ability and desire to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ability to answer incoming questions and resolve cases with accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and communicate those effectively
- Ability to communicate with customers using technology and across different medias
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers (i.e., other departments and 3rd party vendors)
- Ability to take ownership and resolve challenging situations with good judgment to know when to appropriately escalate matters as needed
- Ability to work on a range of Microsoft office software programs, especially with Excel
- Ability to perform work accurately and independently
- Ability to consistently gain the confidence and respect of others
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and credibility
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to understand and explain complex policies and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3+ years of high volume payroll processing experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a position where the responsibilities included significant conflict and problem resolution experience required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people. The Volvo Group University, which delivers training and development and HR Services, that deliver HR administration and support are also part of the Group HR organization. With Volvo Group HR you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.