International Tax Director
This position will be responsible for the Volvo Group’s international tax planning and compliance in North America and will serve as country coordinator for Canada and Mexico. This position is based in Greensboro, North Carolina and is part of Volvo’s global corporate tax department. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Tax – North America and does not have any positions reporting to it.
- Advise on tax aspects of cross-border transactions involving goods, services, intellectual property, loans and dividends, including withholding tax and PE issues
- Manage intercompany transfer pricing, including legal agreements, invoice prices, quarterly adjustment calculations, benchmarking studies, local file documentation, APAs and MAPs
- Monitor capitalization levels and ensure compliance with IRC 385 in U.S. and thin cap rules in Canada and Mexico
- Manage BEAT, FDII, FTC and IRC 163(j) calculations for U.S. consolidated group
- Oversee international tax compliance for U.S. consolidated group, including review of related forms, elections, disclosures and information returns
- Manage international aspects of U.S. tax audits, including preparation or review of responses to information document requests
- Review quarterly IFRS income tax provisions and tax risk reporting for Canadian and Mexican entities
- Support local tax compliance teams and external firms in preparing income and indirect tax returns and handling tax audits for Canadian and Mexican entities
- Structure proposed business activities and transactions in a tax-efficient manner
- Identify and implement responsible tax planning strategies
- Research and resolve technical tax issues
- Monitor tax legislation and regulatory developments for opportunities or issues
- Work closely with tax compliance, legal, finance, and operations personnel in North America and global headquarters personnel in Sweden
- Direct external tax advisors on a project-by-project basis
- Travel to Volvo facilities in Canada and Mexico as needed (< 10%)
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating strong technical tax skills with a focus on international taxation and a general financial accounting background with a good working knowledge of accounting for income taxes.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results and persevering when challenged.
- Results Oriented: Identifying and performing actions necessary to complete tasks and attain results, regardless of obstacles or challenges.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Planning/Organization: Prioritizing and managing tasks to meet deadlines; manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information or events, drawing logical conclusions and making recommendations for action.
- Teamwork: Working effectively with others and sharing information and resources within a matrix and team-based environment.
- Communication: Utilizing effective verbal and written communication skills to influence the actions, decisions, opinions or thinking of others.
- Organizational Sensitivity: Acting based on how individuals and organizational units function and react, using informal systems to get things done and obtaining support of key players.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field from nationally accredited university required
- MST, JD or similar advanced degree with tax focus preferred
- CPA or law license preferred
- 8+ years of international tax and progressive management experience with large public accounting firm and/or multinational company (inbound focus preferred)
- Proficiency with online tax research tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.