The Remanufacturing organization comprises of about 800 employees in 8 locations world-wide. Our task is to produce the Volvo Group developed Reman products and to contribute with further business development. We support all Brands and Business Areas in the Volvo Group.
Remanufactured components are offered to Volvo Group customers worldwide. Through exchange, engines, gearboxes, exhaust filters and rear axle transmissions can be renovated to the same condition as new parts. Gearboxes produced through remanufacturing needs 80% less energy and material than producing a new component.
The Reman Business & Technology team is a small but globally located team. We are passionate to work with technology and business development in a global context and every day contributing to a lower environmental footprint.
The Remanufacturing Business & Technology team is looking for a Reman Engineer who is a:
Remanufacturing expert for North America. The Remanufacturing Engineer is leading Reman activities for the North American market throughout the Reman lifecycle process in one or more areas and phases (advanced engineering, start-cost, maintenance, industrialization and new business development).
The Remanufacturing Engineer will be supporting the brands in setting the Reman strategy, performing and identifying Advance-engineering investigations. The Remanufacturing Engineer is representing Reman in the start-cost project as an expert towards design (engineering), sourcing (purchasing) and aftermarket (engineering and product owners), and lead the industrialization feasibility phase with hand-over to the Remanufacturing site.
Support the brands/BAs to develop, manage and grow the Volvo Group Reman assortment:
- Have continuous dialogue with product managers regarding products suitable for future remanufacturing
- Provide ideas
- Perform initial business evaluation
- Organize and perform training
- Develop training and communication material
Prepare the possibility to remanufacture the products and be the voice of Reman in own area of technical expertise:
- Perform benchmarks
- Give input to the Product System Roadmap teams related to Remanufacturing needs
- In Start cost projects, make sure future products can be remanufacture. This means to work with PMO, AMPM, designers and purchasers so they understand and know what is required from the design, technical descriptions and supplier agreements to make it possible to remanufacture the product.
- Identify new business opportunities
- Identify Advanced Engineering possibilities including new repair methods and put forward as suggestions to Business Office and/or Salvation council
- Develop Reman Process improvement proposals
Lead Reman investigations/projects (QJ, PMR, Industrialization from start cost, Brand request, harmonization and more)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering
- Project leadership
- Fluent in English
- Holistic approach
- Willing to learn and develop
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preventative mindset and leadership when it comes to solving problems or making decisions
- Ability to create networks with strong communication skills in order to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Ability to work independently
- Technical repair
- Autonomous Maintenance (AM) Business understanding
- Industrial Process understanding
- Software development
- Li-on Batteries
We strongly prefer that this position be located in Charlotte NC. However, the role could be in Middletown PA (2nd choice), Greensboro NC (3rd choice) or Hagerstown MD (4th choice) which would heavily increase the travel required.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.