Manager, Financial planning & analysis UDTJV
Director, Financial controlling and planning
Subordinate of this position
The biggest technology shift within the automotive industry in decades has begun. A new era is waiting behind the horizon and we have yet only seen a few glimpses of the greatness that awaits us. We at the Finance need to prepare for the challenges that are ahead of us and we need your expertise, your analytical ability and your genuine interest in leading others to guide us through this journey. To support the business in this exciting environment, we are looking for proactive and open minded talents.
This is us, your new colleagues
Finance controlling and planning plays a key role as a central function of the entire Finance/accounting of the entire UD Trucks and JVs (UDTJV), which is the international business unit. This team’s scope includes business controlling including Internal control/audit, financial planning & reporting for the entire business unit as a supporting function to CFO. We work closely with multiple stakeholders including senior executives, AB Volvo group as well as other functions within/outside of Finance.
The Manager, Business Control contributes to the financial processes by managing estimates and financial plans, and by preparing analysis material to support the management. The position also holds the responsibility of securing the accuracy and completeness of the monthly closings and applicable reports which include close cooperation with the finance departments in other functions and Joint ventures.
A prerequisite for success in this position is accuracy, ability to work towards fixed time plans and to develop and maintain an effective cooperation with different functions within the Volvo Group as well as with the joint venture partner.
Scope and influence
- The Manager, FP&A contributes to the financial processes by managing estimates and financial plans and by preparing analysis material and management reports to support the management. The position also holds the responsibility of securing the accuracy and completeness of the monthly closings and applicable reports which include close cooperation with the finance communities in UDTJV.
- Authority to take decisions in accordance with local authorization policies and guidelines and the local legislation requirement.
- Interactions with finance teams in UDTJV and AB Volvo.
- To prepare estimates, investment forecasts, financial plans and ad hoc analysis process and templates
- Consolidate and upload estimates for UDTJV
- Essbase Key-User for UDTJV: Provide Essbase trainings and support for business controllers within UDTJV
- To control the quality of monthly closings and timely delivery of relevant management reports
- Support in preparation of the monthly business review and estimate reviews
- Contribute to alignment and integration of our joint ventures with respect to financial policies and procedures
- Efficiently cooperate with the different functions within AB Volvo, UDTJV finance teams, ACC and joint ventures
- Prepare, review and provide feedback to management in business review process to ensure proper focus on the key areas of concerns
- Secure high quality in relevant financial reports and Volvo Group reporting
Preferred educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- University degree in relevant financial field(s)
- CPA or other accounting related certification - a plus
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Proven experience within the Financial Reporting and/or Business Control areas,
- Demonstrating a strong track record of professional achievements for at least 5-10 years
- Experience from working with the Essbase, BCS, BPS systems and the Analysis for Office tool as well as proven skills in Excel
- Good understanding of the Volvo Group and its processes
Necessary technical/functional/language skills
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Distinctive problem-solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity
- Adaptable and enjoys working in a fast changing environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with others- able to work independently and as well as being a team player
- Teamwork oriented – build relationships within the organization, share information, and work to achieve common organizational goals
- Fluent in English and Japanese to deal with international stakeholders - Required
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Experience in SAP, Essbase – Required
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
UD Trucks is based in Japan, one of the commercial truck brands of the Volvo Group. UD Trucks brand develops and markets a wide range of light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles. UD products go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime. UD people always make the extra effort, to support our partners and satisfy our customers. With UD Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.